Have you encountered life experiences that have left you feeling sad, anxious, frustrated or discouraged?
You may be questioning whether you are living your idea of a meaningful life. You may have noticed that sometimes your interactions and your emotional responses are not working in your favour. Do you feel that you need to find new ways of improving your relationships? Perhaps you are wondering how you can change. These questions and realizations are the first steps on your journey towards healing.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy in Orleans in French, English or Arabic. In my private practice I help my clients address a variety of mental health issues including anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship boundaries, communication and intimacy, self-esteem, identity, career changes, grief, spirituality, and life transitions.
Throughout the therapeutic process I place an emphasis on creating a safe and compassionate space where we can work together towards your goals in a collaborative fashion. I always strive to build a therapeutic relationship based on empathy, curiosity, and support. In conceptualizing the human being I utilize a holistic approach, where I take into consideration the mind, body, and spirit.
As an integrative therapist, I draw from various theories of psychological development and evidence-based therapeutic approaches to inform my practice. Such theories and approaches are the Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural, Mindfulness-based, experiential and somatic, Logotherapy, and Solution Focused approaches. For further details regarding these approaches please look under services.
It would be an honour to accompany you on your journey to healing. Together we can take steps towards change, peacefulness, serenity, and joy.
Ensemble on pourra prendre des étapes vers le changement, paix, sérénité et joie.
دائما ًفي خدمتكم
Individual & Couple
Counselling & Psychotherapy
In Person, Virtual & Phone Counselling & Psychotherapy
I also offer Supervision to interns & Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) individually or in groups.
Magie AbdelMalek, Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) is an intern at Serene Counselling & Psychotherapy who is Working under the supervision of Iriny Youssef, Registered Psychotherapist & Supervisor.
Services are offered in French, English and Arabic
Call Now to schedule a session
Call Magie to Schedule a session
Or Email me at
Email Magie AbdelMalek at
Victims of Narcissist
Area of Focus
Grief & Loss
Iriny Youssef, RP
Credentials & Certification
Master of Arts in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Spirituality from Saint Paul University
Bachelor's Degree in Career Development, Université du Québec à Montréal
Certificate in Educational Intervention, Université du Québec à Montréal
Diploma in Translation, Language & Literature: French, English & German, Ahuntsic College
ASIST Suicide Prevention Certification
Member of The Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association CCPA
Member of The Québec Counselling Association QCA
Registered Psychotherapist in the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
Hypnotherapy Training, Daybreak Therapy and Training, Certified Hypnotherapist
Magie AbdelMalek, Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) working under the supervision of Iriny Youssef, Registered Psychotherapist & Supervisor.
Magie is a Member of the college of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario.
Magie is fluent in English & Arabic.
She is an excellent listener, she is very empathic and genuinely want to help her clients understand themselves better and love themselves.
She welcomes teenagers older than 16 years old, youth & adults.
Her scope of practice covers: Anxiety, panic attacks, depression, OCD, Self-Esteem, Relationships conflicts, stress school & work issues...
She is an integrative therapist, who uses psychodynamic therapy to help clients understand their emotions and subconscious patterns of behaviour. With Magie you can explore automatic thoughts and emotional processes, which may have been formed during early childhood relating to trauma or unwanted internal processes. She integrate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to aid clients experience awareness, detachment, and to alter their negative thought patterns and emotional reactions. She also uses solution focused therapy to guide you to solve conflicts & improve your relationships. She integrates spirituality to help you find hope, meaning and learn to relax.
Assessments & Treatment Planning will be supervised by Iriny Youssef, RP.
Sessions are covered by insurance under Serene Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Fees & Insurance
Covered by most of insurance plans
- Counselling & Psychotherapy services are not covered by OHIP, but most of the extended health care insurance plans cover all or a portion of the cost.
- You can call or email your health insurance provider to ask about the amount they cover your plan for counselling & psychotherapy per year. You can also inquire about the date of renewal of that coverage yearly.
- I am a Registered Psychotherapist and I am a member in The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
- Once your insurance coverage ends, you may ask your psychotherapist for a sliding scale that is suitable to your income to continue therapy until your new year coverage gets renewed. This ensures that you continue receiving the counselling and psychotherapy services you may need even if your insurance does not cover.
- In cases where your insurance plan does not cover all the session, or if the client is not eligible for insurance coverage, therapy services can be claimed as a medical expense for income tax return.
- Session Fee is set at $222 plus taxes for 50 minute session. Fees for associates with Serene Counselling & Psychotherapy is $160 plus taxes. Fees for couple therapy sessions are $310 per session.
Method of Payment
- Payment is due before the start of each session and can be made by e-transfer.
- A receipt will be issued so you may submit for insurance reimbursement following each session.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
- If you must cancel an appointment, please do so at least 48 hours ahead of time by calling 613-854-8883 and leaving a voice- message.
- Fees for Less than 48 hours notice is $50. Cancellation fees for less than 24 hours and/or no show will result into paying the agreed upon session fee.
Appointments are scheduled directly with Iriny Youssef by telephone: 613-854-8883 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Daytime appointments and a limited number of evening appointments are available.
I accept referrals from health care professionals, institutions, as well as directly from individuals who are in need of service.
A session is one-hour. One hour is typically 50 minutes in length, with the remaining 10 minutes set aside for note taking and treatment planning.
For additional information or to arrange an appointment, please call 613-854-8883 (confidential voice-mail), leave your name, telephone number with the area code, and a service request. Please also indicate if you prefer no messages to be left at your telephone number. Calls are typically returned within 48 hours.
Looking forward to meet you!